Saturday, December 20, 2008

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi State University

In lieu of Sunday Comics, absent due to my being stuck in airports for an ungodly amount of time (yay for free wireless! boo being away from a scanner!), Mr. Zero's back and clinging to his last hope. --STBJD

I'm sitting here trying to work on a paper about something I'm really interested in and have been trying to find time all summer and fall to really get into. But I'm also checking the wiki every hour or so, even though it scares the hell out of me every time. Every day or so another school I really, really want to work at goes up and my hopes are crushed. It's getting very, very late, but there's still one of my top choices that hasn't gone up yet. As of right now, it's my only hope.*

(I could be wrong about this--I haven't gone through and made any rigorous attempt to compare the wiki to my list of applications, though. I can't imagine anything more dreadful. Do people do this? Ugh. That said, I am probably not wrong.)

*I tried and failed to find a youtube clip of Luke playing the message from Princess Leia to link to. Did you know how much dirty Star Wars shit there is on the internet? A lot.

--Mr. Zero

3 comments:

philo said...

This is not quite what you had in mind, but try this.

(Especially about 1:10)

Will Philosophize For Food said...

"I haven't gone through and made any rigorous attempt to compare the wiki to my list of applications, though. I can't imagine anything more dreadful. Do people do this? Ugh."

I have all of my jobs in an OpenOffice database, which makes writing cover letters easier. Two weeks ago I printed out a report of all my applications. I've been meaning to do just this--to compare my list with the wiki--for weeks, and can't bring myself to do it.

Part of the reason I keep thinking it's a good idea is because some places (I hope) are perhaps waiting until after the APA to meet and discuss finalists. Two years ago I was contacted in March for a listing from the October JFP.

Ugh, indeed.

Will Philosophize For Food said...
This comment has been removed by the author.