- Cover letters; customized across several dimensions. ✓
- Writing sample. ✓
- Updated CV. ✓
- Updated research statement. ✓
- Updated teaching statement. ✓
- Sample syllabi, updated. ✓
- Teaching evaluations, current. ✓
- Updated letters of recommendation. ✓
- APA membership, renewed. ✓
- A vague memory of how I set up a mail-merge last year. ✓
- Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse. ✓
- 1.75L bottle of Bombay Sapphire; 750ml bottle vermouth; bucket of olives; ice. ✓
In addition, I took the time to rewrite my materials in LaTeX; I figured, there's no point in taking the time to learn it without without using to whatever advantage on the job market. Say what you want about the content, my shit looks awesome.
Another thing I spent some time worrying about is the role my dissertation should play in my application materials this time around. Since I've been out for a while now, it seems to me that my dissertation should play a less central role. So now my dissertation is the starting point, but the focus is on what I've accomplished since then.
And although I'm not really excited about it, exactly, I wish the fucking JFP would drop already so I could get on with this fucking thing.