Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Journal of Universal Rejection

This is totally stolen from Planet Money [whom I *heart*]:

"The JofUR solicits any and all types of manuscript: poetry, prose, visual art, and research articles. You name it, we take it, and reject it. Your manuscript may be formatted however you wish. Frankly, we don't care.

...Often the Editor-in-Chief will reject your work out-of-hand, without even reading it! However, he might read it. Probably he'll skim. ... rejection may languish like your email buried in the Editor-in-Chief's inbox. But it will come, swift or slow, as surely as death. Rejection.

Submissions should be emailed to Small files only, please. Why not just send the first couple pages if it is long?"

The benefit to submitting? It sounds like you're going to get a response. I'm having some trouble with that right now...

-- Second Suitor


zombie said...

I have a paper that has already been universally rejected. I think I'll submit it to them just to make it official.

BunnyHugger said...

I bet their rejection wouldn't even be as harsh as some I've gotten from journals in the past. Might actually improve my morale.

Anonymous said...

I'm not submitting anything until they provide the relevant LaTeX style files.

Not rejected yet said...

What's worse than universal rejection? Silence. Why oh why has the journal of universal rejection not yet rejected my submission? That's cold Jerry, COLD!