google map, social media, and new features at phylo jobs
Over the next few days, we’ll be updating you on the latest developments to our job advertisement services, including:
- live Google map of open positions (phylo.info/jobs/map)
- additional delivery options (RSS, text-only, mobile, Twitter, Facebook)
- screencasts on using Phylo Jobs services
- launch of our registered e-newspaper, Job Openings in Philosophy, to aid institutions with federal compliance
- streamlined Jobs Wiki design for unofficial status updates (which still includes customized RSS feeds) (phylo.info/jobs/wiki)
As of October 1, 2011, we also require that each job poster certifies that his/her institution complies with American Philosophical Association’s Non-Discrimination Statement.
I cannot say enough how awesome this is. As of this writing, the Phylo Jobs site has 80 job listings, almost all of which were unsolicited by the editors. This has been really successful so far. Many thanks to Chris Alen Sula and David Morrow for putting this together. Truly wonderful.