Here's what I've gleaned about CC jobs from fellow Smokers:
- The teaching load is relatively high, with the usual expectations of service.You should really, really love to teach.
- The students are far more diverse socially, economically, educationally, and in every other way, than the typical four year college student.
- There is generally no research requirement for tenure.
- The pay is equivalent to (or better than) four year college salaries.
- Expect a multidisciplinary atmosphere.
- It is not at all unusual for CC jobs to require a PhD these days.
Those in the know are invited to correct any inaccuracies. This is an open thread for those of you who have questions about CCs, and those who have experience and answers.